[tei-council] DRAFT Agenda for the TEI Council teleconference on June 15, 2007 at 1200 UTC

Tone Merete Bruvik tone.bruvik at aksis.uib.no
Tue Jun 12 06:06:28 EDT 2007

As I will not be able to attend the teleconference, I think I should
say something on the re-work of NH - Multiple Hierarchies:

1. At the council meeting in Berlin we agreed upon that this chapter
has to be rewritten with particularly this in mind:

  - NH should be make into a chapter again. We did not decide that,
but I think we pretty much agreed upon that. Where should it be
placed , at the end?

  - The chapter has to be far clearer about which solutions are
available in P5, which are implementable in P5, and which are not.
(This is of course a major task.)

  - I suggested that there should be pointers to template or exemplar
ODDs demonstrating how to implement those solutions that can be.

2. There are some minor errors that should be corrected, see Trac
Tickets #236, #237 and #238.

Syd and me have this job assigned to us, and I have to admit that I
have not work much on this lately. My plan was to work on this
chapter during the next 2 weeks, and then again in August. What I
will do first is to find some new samples (and I has thinking of
asking Claus Huitfeldt if he could give some of his samples to be
used here).

Syd, what are you view on this chapter and our work on it? I guess we
need to have a schedule to give to the council on what we should do
and when?

Tone Merete Bruvik
tone.bruvik at aksis.uib.no
----
The Research Group for Text Technology - Aksis (The Department of
Culture, Language and Information Technology), Unifob AS
Allégaten 27 - N-5020 Bergen, Norway