[tei-council] Place meeting at Kings

Wittern Christian cwittern at gmail.com
Thu May 31 21:43:10 EDT 2007

Thanks for the report, which seems to indicate to me that the meeting
was very successful.

As to the proposals, they all seem plausible and have my support,
including the new <period> element (I'd prefer this to <whenRef>.
According to the report, <trait> would also be among the candidates for
renaming.

All the best,

Christian

Lou Burnard wrote:
> A brief report on issues discussed and proposals agreed at Tuesday's
> meeting on Geographical data is now available at
> http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/PERS/placeMtg.xml (couldnt think of
> anywhere else to put it)
>
> The meeting felt, in summary, that
> - the places proposal developed in Vilnius should be included in P5,
> modulo various clarifications and enhancements
> - to facilitate this, two existing TEI elements would need to be
> renamed: <state> and <event>
> - the existing material on <orgName> etc needed to be completely
> revised with several elements disappearing
> - some minor changes were proposed for the treatment of dates and times
>
> Feedback from Council members on  these specific issues would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Many thanks to Arianna and others at CCH for organizing and hosting
> the meeting so efficiently!

 Christian Wittern