[tei-council] the "key" attribute

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon May 21 04:57:17 EDT 2007

Hrmmm, you are right, I hadn't thought through the implications.  So the
attribute used on memberOf should be 'key' or something similar (though I
don't like 'teikey').  In most other cases does having a choice of target
or key make sense? What's the logic of making them mutually exclusive? My
original thought with regard to allowing @target on memberOf (and similar)
was that it might help with (possibly non-TEI) ODDs that incorporate bits
and pieces from other standards.

-James