[tei-council] rendition, rend, and style

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 16 09:20:42 EDT 2007

John A. Walsh wrote:
> Thanks for the clarification, Sebastian. I guess I was still thinking
> in terms of the more limited enumerated lists in DTDs which only allow
> one value.
ah well, a DTD will simply not do any data checking at all in this
situation.  but who uses DTDs any more?
> The value list approach provides better validation but still does not
> provide the benefit of linking to explicit and formally defined styles
> in the <rendition> element in the header
no, but it does provide a formal link to an element in the ODD, and can
argue that
is even better.
> , but I'm probably beating a horse (whether it's a dead horse or not
> remains to be seen :-).

Your horse can get up and run, it's a good horse. But I think my ODD
horse may at least
make a race of it.