[tei-council] More on rend

John A. Walsh jawalsh at indiana.edu
Fri May 11 07:01:05 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Yesterday David mentioned a private exchange we had about a specific
example of rend usage.  The example is somewhat analogous to the
interpretive categories issue we discussed yesterday and provides
further amplification to David's thoughtful commentary on the issue
of descriptive vs. presentation/procedural markup.  The exchange is
less relevant to the specific discussion of rend as pointer to
<rendition>, so I don't want the message to confuse that issue, but
here it is for your enjoyment: