[tei-council] rendition, rend, and style

John A. Walsh jawalsh at indiana.edu
Thu May 10 14:00:13 EDT 2007

I've been persuaded by David's position and his clear and strong
distinction between descriptive and procedural/presentation.  I'm also
persuaded that @rend should only refer to description of the source
material (which may be the TEI document itself in the case of born
digital material).  I still believe though in the benefits of changing
@rend to be a pointer to one or more <rendition> elements which provide
a fuller and more formal description of what exactly is being described
in the source document.

John