[tei-council] rendition, rend, and style

John A. Walsh jawalsh at indiana.edu
Wed May 9 08:02:03 EDT 2007

On May 9, 2007, at 4:13 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> we could just recommend using "html:class" and "html:style"
> attributes

True, although I like the idea of formalizing a relationship between
<rendition> and @rend, and using the header to be more explicit about
what exactly is going on with rendering issues in a document.
Nothing prevents people from doing so now, but there is not much
guidance in the guidelines on this particular issue.  Although,
perhaps practice and preferences vary so much that we want to leave
it open and flexible.

John