[tei-council] tcm30

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Fri May 4 20:48:04 EDT 2007

> 1. If you tag the actions as <note
> text</p> </note>, then the resulting formatted text will be easier
> to read on screen, and waste fewer trees when printed out

Uh ... yes, that is true. Of course, it would be better to fix the
stylesheet IMHO.

> 2. the reference to 4/5 character issue in CH is the point raised
> in David's email
> http://lists.village.virginia.edu/pipermail/tei-council/2007/002860.html
> about whether the French word "coeur" for example has five
> characters or four.

Ah! Thank you. Fixed.

> 3. Under ST,  my notes read "amplify discussion of classes; module names
> need review" -- we should find some more consistent and sensible
> way of naming modules (once we've decided that we want to keep
> them, of course)

I'm not sure if you're suggesting this should replace the last
sentence and action item or augment them.

> 4. Under HD, - the action on Dot was also specifically to recommend
> whether or not the phrase "a machine readable version" vel sim shd
> be retained in a TEI title.

Check, added.

> - in the discussion of rendition, it was suggested that a global
>   @style attribute might be useful, distinct from @rend

Right. JW is supposedly writing up this portion of the minutes.

> - I have added the mimetype attribute to the <rendition> element
>   but it needs more documentation

Check, noted.

> - MJD supplied a list of typos in HD; I have corrected these

Check, noted.

> The place where @xml:id was used instead of @ident was on
> <language> and I fixed it during the meeting.

Check, thanks. Noted.

> 5. VE -- I think I fixed the typos noted by JW in the meeting too,
>    but I'll check

Standing by ...

> 6. TS : my notes suggest that Dot's corrections are in TRAC 89 and that
> she agreed to update them

There is nothing in ticket #89.

> 7. DI:  my notes specify that there are too many examples of numbered
> divs in this chapter

I don't remember that being said, but I agree wholeheartedly!

> 8. TC/PH: I don't remember the point about re-ordering them being
>    quite so clearcut;

I remember it as being very clear-cut, primarily because I didn't
understand it. Seemed to me you'd want to know how to encode a normal
book before trying to work on an aparatus, but I was told there are a
lot of references from PH to TC.

Any one else have recollections of this? Opinions?

> ... and I am quite sure that we didn't make any particular decision
> about <app> vs <choice>.

Check, so noted.

> The Beowulf example (Klaeber's use of parentheses) has been
> clarified in the source already.

Check, which is why the action item says "done" for the date.

> GD: The rather cryptic note "stemma modeling" means that DB and MD
> agreed to experiment with using the tagset in GD for representing a
> ms stemma, a point repeated in the minutes further on

Check, thanks; so noted.

> FT : Conal also pointed out that we should give more info on how to
> use e.g. SVG in a TEI document here, or at least reference MD

Check. So noted.

> .... oops must dash to a meeting, more later

Thanks for all these, and sorry I didn't get to them earlier today,
but I had a bunch of meetings, too.