[tei-council] tcm30

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri May 4 10:51:57 EDT 2007

One suggestion and some amplifications:

text </note> (as usual), rather than as <note
resulting formatted text will be easier to read on screen, and waste
fewer trees when printed out

2. the reference to 4/5 character issue in CH is the point raised in
David's email
http://lists.village.virginia.edu/pipermail/tei-council/2007/002860.html
about whether the French word "coeur" for example has five characters or
four.

3. Under ST,  my notes read "amplify discussion of classes; module names
need review" -- we should find some more consistent and sensible way of
naming modules (once we've decided that we want to keep them, of course)

4. Under HD,
- the action on Dot was also specifically to recommend whether or not
the phrase  "a machine readable version" vel sim shd be retained in a
TEI title.

- in the discussion of rendition, it was suggested that a global @style
attribute might be useful, distinct from @rend

- I have added the mimetype attribute to the <rendition> element but it
needs more documentation

- MJD supplied a list of typos in HD; I have corrected these

The place where @xml:id was used instead of @ident was on <language> and
I fixed it during the meeting.

5. VE -- I think I fixed the typos noted by JW in the meeting too, but
I'll check

6. TS : my notes suggest that Dot's corrections are in TRAC 89 and that
she agreed to update them

7. DI:  my notes specify that there are too many examples of numbered
divs in this chapter

8. TC/PH: I don't remember the point about re-ordering them being quite
so clearcut; and I am quite sure that we didn't make any particular
decision about <app> vs <choice>. The Beowulf example (Klaeber's use of
parentheses) has been clarified in the source already.

GD: The rather cryptic note "stemma modeling" means that DB and MD
agreed to experiment with using the tagset in GD for representing a ms
stemma, a point repeated in the minutes further on

FT : Conal also pointed out that we should give more info on how to use
e.g. SVG in a TEI document here, or at least reference MD

.... oops must dash to a meeting, more later

Lou