[tei-council] New draft on facsimile

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Apr 22 10:23:05 EDT 2007

I've taken the liberty of combining the two documents about use of TEI
to mark up "digital facsimile" editions which Dot and Conal were working
on into a single ODD file, making a few minor syntactic corrections, and
producing an HTML version of it as well as a sample schema. You can see
the HTML draft at http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/testfacs.doc.html and the
ODD source is in the P5/Test library in subversion. I did this because I
think Dot and Conal have done some excellent work here and it would be a
shame if we can't go the extra 500 metres to get it into 1.0.

The main thing we're missing here is a samples document, which Conal was
(I believe) working on and some (much) more explanatory prose. However I
think we have enough here to start discussing the topic next week, if
only to ask stupid questions!