[tei-council] up to date Guidelines

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Sat Apr 21 20:47:29 EDT 2007

Cool, Sebastian. Does this mean I can quit updating my
server-in-the-basement? (Its name is "garak", BTW -- 2 points to
anyone who recognizes the reference *without* looking using Google,
Wikipedia, etc.)

I'm inclined to say not, because the tarball is probably a very
useful thing.

Anyway ...

> dynamically render the Guidelines to HTML, using Cocoon. It is
> reading a checkout from Subversion, updated every 5 minutes.

> I have pro tem turned off caching on this thing,

Dynamically rendering seems like it might be a serious waste of
computational resources and perhaps even a mild delay for the users.
Why not transform them statically?

In any case, thanks.

P.S. Version on garak is current as of now, version 2354.