[tei-council] Draft Agenda for Berlin meeting (Conformance)

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Apr 20 06:37:46 EDT 2007

Wittern Christian wrote:
> DRAFT Agenda for the TEI Council meeting in Berlin, April 26 to 27
<snip/>

> 4) Conformance Draft (JC)

To save time at the meeting itself I will make a report here.  As tasked by
the last (tele) meeting of the council I produced a strawPerson draft of
the CF chapter (now CF section in the USE chapter).  This was then debated
in some detail on the council list.  I revised the chapter in accordance
with what I viewed as the consensus on many of the aspects.  At that point
I handed it over to an editor (Lou) for reshaping and rewriting as the
entire reason for me writing this was to get a draft for council to argue
about and it had.  Lou rewrote the draft changing things in a number of
significant ways, and I provided some additional tidying up/proofreading.
In a meeting with a number of interested parties (inc. Lou, Sebastian,
Veronika, and I), we attempted to flesh out the criteria for Conformance in
more depth and create a matrix of example types of conformance.  Lou
revised the draft further as a result, and he has both checked this into
Sourceforge and made a nice HTML version for Council to read.[1]

I'm just clarifying in the Council's mind that it is this latest draft by
Lou which we will be debating in Berlin, not any of the earlier drafts for
which I can really take credit.  I would strongly reiterate Lou's
message[2] that the Council needs to agree a clear consensus on whether
this draft is basically right or not by Berlin.  As such, I would suggest
that everyone read it as soon as possible.

-James

[1] http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/USE.html
[2] http://lists.village.virginia.edu/pipermail/tei-council/2007/002821.html