[tei-council] proposed re-org of div wrapping

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Fri Apr 20 06:24:04 EDT 2007

> This looks good to me so far.

Check, thanks. I appreciate some input.

> But here you lost me:

Probably should defer serious discussions about this until someone
chimes in (I should say if & when someone chimes in) and says it
might be a good idea to either:
* revert <divGen> to being an empty element, or
* get rid of <divGen>

> Why not? You will only have to properly wrap the part after
> <divGen>:

True. But if the thing-to-be-generated is only a <table> ...

> But I do not really see how this relates to your argument about
> abolishing divGen, since this seems to be exactly the semantics as
> we have it now?

It wasn't part of the argument for abolishing <divGen>, it was just
part of the train of thought that got me there. It was part of my
asking myself the question "is it helpful to permit content in
<divGen>".