[tei-council] MD chapter revised: namespace rules

Wittern Christian cwittern at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 21:14:27 EDT 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:
>> OK, it's time to get radical. What do we need "TEI Interchange
>> format" for? Why do we need to define it at all?
>>

> Some further thoughts. If we insist that TEI conformant documents
> follow draconian namespace rules, there are some pretty predictable
> potentially problematic probable consequences:

[...]

Syd, what you are saying here reminds me of the kind of statements I
heard from die-hard SGML users when they first heard about XML and its
"draconian" error-checking rules.

My prediction is quite contrary to yours:  I think we will *finally* see
some kind of TEI Software that is worth being called so, since an
implementer now has a way to know what to deal with.  -- Well, the bets
are open.  Lets look at the results in three years time.

Christian