[tei-council] formatting of guidelines - schema fragments

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 12 05:49:19 EDT 2007

I know we have a work task on this, but that
may not address a fundamental issue I have.

When reading one of my allocated chapters,
I was struck by the inclusion of schema fragments
in the section with the formal definition
of elements. What is the point of them, I wondered?
The technical details are available in the
alphabetical list of elements etc (the "second
volume", if you like), for those who can read
this stuff, so why repeat it here?

More importantly,
the code shown is simply one interpretation
of the ODD (ie it divides each element into
two patterns, foo.content and foo.attributes),
which is not normative.

Has this bothered anyone else?