[tei-council] Conformance draft: namespace purity

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 3 05:19:58 EDT 2007

James Cummings wrote:

> 1) the Roma web-form input for the namespace should defaultly be blank
> (unless the ODD has already got a namespace),

agreed
> 2) that ODD needs somewhere agreed upon to store this namespace,

no, because you may use several namespaces in one ODD.
dont ask me why, but it would not be illegal.

I think you're making this over-complicated. Just
say "You must supply a namespace for each element
you add. Here is a pointer to guidelines on making namespaces.
You cannot use the TEI namespace."