[tei-council] conformance draft

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 3 04:32:56 EDT 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:
> Right. If you wanna use a DTD, the only one you get to use is either
> a) the one generated from your ODD via roma, or
> b) one you create from the Relax NG schema you stitched together, if
>    we go that route.

pretty radical. no DTD modules to be created at all any more?

I had the impression on TEI-L that the "DTD bad, schema good"
war is not proceeding very well.

I'd wager that at least 1/3 of the Council members
use DTDs for their day to day work with the TEI...
(including you, Syd?)

> Furthermore, if you wanna use a DTD we should make it very clear and
> abundantly explicit that you are not getting a lot of the validation
> that you would get if you were using Relax NG.

that's a separate matter (though I agree)