[tei-council] Conformance draft: namespace purity

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Mon Apr 2 19:24:22 EDT 2007

> Gracious. My IP address from home changes every day (assigned by by
> ISP).

Mine too. What difference does that make? Only reinforces the idea
that this is a silly default you might use for quick tests, but not a
good idea for you True Customization.

> More importantly, I need to store it somewhere....

I don't understand. Don't you need to store it no matter what it is?

> I don't want to overload the meaning of Prefix, as that is used for
> something else

As is the filename. Which may be different than the ident= of
<schemaSpec>. Seems to me to be a good idea to use one of 'em for the
default. As you've pointed out, this is only a default, not a
suggestion.