[tei-council] Conformance draft: namespace purity

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Apr 2 16:31:26 EDT 2007

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Regardless of the letter of the law, we can influence a good many TEI
> customizers by what Roma does. Is it the Feeling Of The Meeting
> that I should change web-Roma to make new elements
> be by default in a non-TEI namespace?
>
> My suggestion would be
> to put them in http://www.tei-c.org/ns/$NAME, where $NAME
> is the name given to the ODD, which dictates the name of the
> output schema file.  I know that's not ideal, so if you have a
> better suggestion, let me know.

I believe when I suggested this earlier a number of people argued against it
because having it have the appearance of being part of the TEI NS URI might
imply approval or condoning of these changes.  I can see how some would abuse
this, or how it might be confusing.

Maybe something like http://www.ProjectName.info/ns/$VersionNumber ?

Not sure.

-James