[tei-council] Conformance draft: namespace purity

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Mon Apr 2 15:35:54 EDT 2007

> Over the last week, Dan, Dot, Arianna, Conal, Sebastian and I have
> all expressed support for James's proposal that (inter alia)
> conformance in a TEI document implies that the TEI namespace
> remains unpolluted by user-defined elements.

I had thought that perhaps James (and someone else?) now believed
that namespace-purity be in the realm of the definition of "TEI
Interchange Format", rather than of "TEI Conformance". I certainly
do.