[tei-council] What to do with an easter egg

Arianna Ciula arianna.ciula at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Apr 2 04:56:07 EDT 2007

 > I did a bit of quick reformatting of Arianna's version to make it easier
 > to edit in emacs, and then checked it in.

I am sorry for a likely dull question: but what does "checked in" mean
here? I can't see my changed added to the Source and not even online.

 > The main thing that worries me about this chapter is that it really
 > doesn't give RelaxNG and DTD language equal time.
Indeed, even if I didn't give weight to my comments, I think this is
probably the only serious editorial issue of this chapter.

 > If it just used DTD
 > language as a vehicle to explain basic XML concepts that would be OK,
 > but it goes into a lot more detail than necessary for that job. So I
 > can't decide whether the best course is to add a comparable amount of
 > detail about RELAXNG, or cut the chapter down drastically. Either way
 > would require quite a lot of editorial time.
If cutting would be quicker, for the sake of a realistic roadmap, I
would say that taking out the additional details on DTDs would be good
enough for now. But if you say that adding information on RelaxNG may be
as time consuming may be it is worth going this way instead, unless the
editors think there is a better place than the Gentle introduction where
details on how to write a schema could be included.

Arianna

--
Dr Arianna Ciula
Research Associate