[tei-council] conformance draft

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Mar 23 05:15:38 EST 2007

Dot Porter wrote:

> Everyone, after the call earlier this week I volunteered privately to
> James to take an existing customization that I've been working on and
> have it "namespaced" by the council meeting, just to see how much of a
> barrier this actually is to people (like me) with middle-of-the-road
> tech skills. This particular customization is designed to be plugged
> into a METS file, so there is another layer to contend with there as
> well.

And while this will be useful, and just plain good for Dot (like any medicine),
we should remember that what we hopefully will add is interfaces in Roma, lots
of examples, documentation, and training.  So that while Dot has little support
in this now, those who come after her will not be so bad off in comparison.

-James