[tei-council] New draft editorial guidelines

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Wed Mar 21 09:17:42 EST 2007

Gettinng a different cocoon error than the one Christian reported, but a
cocoon error none the less.

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 11:13 +0000, Lou Burnard wrote:
> As a preliminary to unwrapping the easter egg Sebastian has just offered
>   you all, Council members might like to have a quick read through the
> document on Editorial Guidelines which I posted on the web yesterday.
> It's at http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/editorial.xml
>
> The document is an updating of  sage advice prepared by the TEI Editors
> in days of yore (i.e. about 9 years ago) and still accessible in the
> Vault as edw55.tei if you don't believe me. I have added a little about
> how I think we ought to do things now, and removed anything which is
> definitely superannuated, but the important parts of the "house rules"
> for writing P5 are unchanged. Please bear them in mind as you review
> your chapters!
>
> I'd be grateful for suggestions as to (a) rules missing from the
> document which should be added (b) rules which we no longer believe in.
>
> Note that a biggish chunk of the document is taken from one of the
> chapters of the Guidelines (AB), so the two need to be kept in step.

Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Department Chair and Associate Professor of English
Director, Digital Medievalist Project http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/
Chair, Text Encoding Initiative http://www.tei-c.org/

Department of English
University of Lethbridge