[tei-council] work for March

Dan O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Wed Mar 7 14:06:25 EST 2007

Sebastian,

I'm about to sign up for my chapters. Are you actively working on any of
the ones assigned to you?

Do you have a recommendation for how many each member of council should
take? I was thinking of signing up for five to start and see what I
could do over the weekend. Howzat sound?

-dan

On Thu, 2007-01-03 at 12:30 +0000, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Happy St David's Day.
>
> Looking at the plan of work scheduled for March, it goes as follows:
>
>  * (end of tasks relating to feature requests, 12 hours to go)
>  * design output format (JC and DP now on case)
>  * review datatype and class decisions
>  * proofread text looking for DTD and P4 language
>
> the latter two involve taking each chapter, looking
> for problems and ideally dealing with them. In most
> cases it will just a matter of someone signing off a
> chapter as having a clean bill of health. If something
> comes out which cannot be dealt with in (say)
> an hours work rewriting a paragraph, or making
> a simple decision about a datatype, then it should
> be broken out to a new task which can assigned its
> own deadline and so on.
>
> I think its "adopt a chapter" day again.
>
> Sebastian

Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Chair, Text Encoding Initiative <http://www.tei-c.org/>
Director, Digital Medievalist Project <http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/>
Associate Professor and Chair of English
University of Lethbridge
Lethbridge AB T1K 3M4
Vox: +1 403 329 2378
Fax: +1 403 382-7191