[tei-council] data.multipleEnumerated

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Thu Mar 1 21:33:00 EST 2007

> I may be misunderstanding. You want me to generate RELAXNG
> comparable to that in <metDecl>? I vaguely thought you want a
> relaxng-specific lists of lists.

I don't know if it's Relax NG specific or not, but it's a list of
alternate values (repeatable), not a list of lists. Yes, I think it
is exactly like what <metDecl> has.

> > Just to double-check that I understand what you mean -- you want an
> > ODD file that pretends repeatable="true" is available?
> >
> yes, and a test file so that we can see if it fires.

OK. The file
  http://bauman.zapto.org/~syd/temp/multipleEnumerated.tgz
contains:
multipleEnumerated/tei_rep_enu.odd:
        ODD file with repeatable="true" on type= of <distinct>
multipleEnumerated/tei_rep_enu.xml
        XML instance that should be valid against schemas generated
        from the above ODD *except* for those <distinct> elements
        that have "invalid" in their type= values.
Plus the following two schemas, which were generated from
command-line roma[1] without repeatable="true" and then tweaked
by hand to do the right thing:
        multipleEnumerated/tei_rep_enu.rnc
        multipleEnumerated/tei_rep_enu.rng

Note
----
[1] When I tried to use web-Roma to generate output schemas by
    uploading the ODD, I got
    Fatal error: Call to a member function hasChildNodes() on a
    non-object in /usr/share/tei-roma/roma/romadom.php on line 1851
    as soon as I clicked "Submit" on the "Set your parameters" page.