[tei-council] a chance in a million for a lucky Council member

Dot Porter dporter at uky.edu
Tue Feb 27 16:47:08 EST 2007

Hi Council,

James and I volunteer for this task. We feel that we'll be more
effective working together than either of us would be separately (that
and James still need to finish up an initial draft of Conformance).

Dot

On 2/27/07, Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> Who would like to step up to the plate
> and pick one of the plum jobs from the list?
>
> The task is nothing less than to design the
> layout of the Guidelines. The first requirement
> is to do the web version, then look at print
> if it is going well.
>
> The input is XHTML coming an XSLT
> transform of P5; you can change that XSLT too,
> but the first task is probably just to
> take over the CSS and make better-looking pages.
>
> Obviously whoever takes this on has to be prepared
> to defend the results to a sceptical Council,
> so a certain amount of hard-heartedness is required.
> You also have to be prepared to work through
> the nitty grit of what information is in an ODD
> and how best to present it.
>
> Only one caveat - the result cannot just be a lovely
> HTML page, with an instruction saying "go make
> it look like that". Finished product required.
>
> Go on, someone on the Council wants this task.
> Step forward and claim it!
>
> --
> Sebastian Rahtz
>
> Information Manager, Oxford University Computing Services
>
> OSS Watch: JISC Open Source Advisory Service
> http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk

Dot Porter, University of Kentucky
#####
Program Coordinator
Collaboratory for Research in Computing for Humanities
dporter at uky.edu          859-257-9549
#####
Editorial Assistant, REVEAL Project
Center for Visualization and Virtual Environments
porter at vis.uky.edu