[tei-council] recording application information in the teiHeader

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 20 16:35:03 EST 2007

Dan O'Donnell wrote:
> We've been coming up on this idea of multiple namespaces a lot as well.
> Was James C not dealing with this question as part of the conformance
> proposals?
>
> I'm happy with Sebastian's proposal for a method of working, but I'm
> wondering if what we aren't talking about here is not something that
> should be cast off as a separate namespace question--each tool will
> presumably have a number of different things it wants to say about
> itself and it seems to me to be a mugs game to predict them.

Yes, that's probably the path of least resistance,
simply to document how to add another namespaced
element to the appropriate point in the header,
to give the technique a feeling of encouragement
and approval, without codifying the details.

If I was an RDF nut, I'd point out that you can likely
do everything with that.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk