[tei-council] recording application information in the teiHeader

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Feb 18 18:12:08 EST 2007

1. I certainly dont think it needs a new module

2. As a tool developer I can report that xaira certainly needs a place
in the header to store quite a lot of data: much more than this proposal
would  permit (and with a more complex structure) in fact.  Xaira
addresses the need by defining its own additional "XairaDesc" element
(if I were doing this properly it wd be in its own namespace) and adding
same to the encodingDesc, which works just fine. In an earlier version,
xaira also updated the revisionDesc everytime it ran: however this
rapidly became so annoying I took it out again.

So on balance,

3. I am unconvinced that this proposal is sufficiently general or
powerful as yet

Lou