[tei-council] what to do with dating attributes -- VOTE!

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 16 05:16:17 EST 2007

Conal Tuohy wrote:
> Incidentally, if option A were favoured (whether as part of option D or
> otherwise), one way to implement it might be to use distinct XML
> namespaces for the different data types.

I dread this, practically. namespaces are good,
but they aren't half  a pain in real life, having to declare
them all up front and interact with them in editors.
in XML schemas, of course, it means another .xsd file
to carry around.

It does look elegant, but since we are not currently
proposing it for  extensions, I'd steer clear if I could.

sebastian