[tei-council] First draft of TC M 28, notes from this morning's call, are up

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Jan 24 07:03:56 EST 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:
> I have put up on the web a somewhat fast-and-lousy first draft of the
> notes from our teleconference this morning.

Thanks, well done.  This is a good candidate for the price for the
shortest ever minutes.  While this can't be said for the meeting itself,
I think it was pretty productive.

I missed a bit more than
> my usual shoddy job this time because of the tennis match.

Despite the tennis match (and the fact that everybody sounded like
speaking through a watering can) I could understand much more than
usual.  For this reason, I am in favor of continuing on
highspeedconferencing.com for the time being (unless, of course, better
options come along).

> Thus, each
> member of Council should read the entire thing -- it's pretty short
> -- paying particular attention to items flagged with his or her
> initials, the word "all", or the string "[?". Please post any
> corrections, omissions, suggestions, etc., either to the list or send
> directly to me.

I skipped some action items, that were obvious to me, for the record:

DO: inform MD how much money is available to Council
     [?...?]

he did report and we allocated the moneys.

SR: report on high speed conferences .com system

he did report (maybe only privately to me) and we did carry out a test
conference on Jan 15 -- without a tennis match, but Laurent had a funny
echo.

Here is one item I forgot to bring up:

eds.: update [SF feature request] doc …
     [?...?]

which refers to http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/edw93.xml?style=printable, I
think.  This will come up again in the road-map list.

All the best,

Christian

--

  Christian Wittern