[tei-council] egXML

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 23 08:47:58 EST 2007

I propose that the long description of this be reworded as
follows:

<remarks><p>The element itself is in
  the namespace <ident
  type="ns">http://www.tei-c.org/ns/Examples</ident>.
  The TEI Guidelines use the same namespace for the body of the
  example itself, and they are validated against the TEI scheme by the
  production process of the TEI. User extensions or other schemas
  may this use this
  namespace, or any other, for the content of <gi>egXML</gi>.
  The content may also be well-formed enclosed in a CDATA marked
  section. If the content is not well-formed XML, the more general

Does this upset anyone? I have committed it to SF, but it
can obviously be changed ad lib.

The reason for having <egXML> in the funny namespace is to allow
us to say

 <egXML xmlns="....">
 </egXML>

without having to tinker with the <l> element. It
makes the cut and paste a lot easier.

This setup was done some years ago, for what seemed like
good reasons, and it may be that I am just used to it
despite its madness. It is also implemented, which
is a non-trivial issue at this point :-}

However, if anyone (especially Conal, since he is looking
at it) finds this weird, speak up now.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk