[tei-council] open issues and planning

Dan O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Mon Jan 22 14:39:40 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-22-01 at 11:18 -0500, Syd Bauman wrote:

> * On feature requests and <choice>:
>   I do not think Daniel's idea is a bug-fix request at all, but a
>   feature request. I think we've already made two calls for feature
>   requests with cut-off dates, and we should *not* make a third. That
>   does not mean we should stop considering user input (e.g., bug
>   reports like "neither <add> nor <note> is not allowed between
>   requests (like making <div> a permissible child of <choice>). I
>   realize that in some cases there is a fine line between the two,
>   and room for disagreement, discussion, etc. But that doesn't change
>   my basic premise.

Happy to be put in my place. I know a couple of other people are
interested in this specific question, so I'll try to talk to them over
the next week about launching a feature request for 1.x.

-dan

Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Chair, Text Encoding Initiative <http://www.tei-c.org/>
Director, Digital Medievalist Project <http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/>
Associate Professor and Chair of English
University of Lethbridge
Lethbridge AB T1K 3M4
Vox: +1 403 329 2378
Fax: +1 403 382-7191