[tei-council] open issues and planning

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Jan 22 12:30:03 EST 2007

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Syd Bauman wrote:
>>   I probably missed something, then. I thought we were quite careful
>>   at the MM in Victoria *not* to make a full-fledged commitment to
>>   have P5 done by College Park.
> Memories obviously vary. I thought we made an absolute
> commitment to do this!

Me too.

>>   Taiwan or not, I thought it was deliberate. Besides, Lou has
>>   suggested, and I think he's right, that an additional face-to-face
>>   meeting over chapter review is probably a good idea. That may (or
>>   may not) make it quite difficult to be done with 1.0 by MM2007.
>>
> why can't we have another f2f before November?

I suggested a FTF meeting to review the state of chapters before
publication, yes. It could be any time before November.

In my opinion, the priorities are (still)

- triage of outstanding SF feature requests
- chapter review

The specific items Syd mentions are all things that could be resolved
quite quickly, I think, once we accept that it's more important to have
a finished product than a perfect one.