[tei-council] open issues and planning

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 22 12:02:14 EST 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:
>   I probably missed something, then. I thought we were quite careful
>   at the MM in Victoria *not* to make a full-fledged commitment to
>   have P5 done by College Park.
Memories obviously vary. I thought we made an absolute
commitment to do this!
>   Taiwan or not, I thought it was deliberate. Besides, Lou has
>   suggested, and I think he's right, that an additional face-to-face
>   meeting over chapter review is probably a good idea. That may (or
>   may not) make it quite difficult to be done with 1.0 by MM2007.

why can't we have another f2f before November?
>   - "frozen" means r/o, and is a drastic step that is taken
>     immediately before publication
>   - none of P5 is currently frozen
>   - much of it is close -- I like the word SR used "gelid"

I agree, none of it is yet definitively r/o. Freezing, not frozen
>   - I would guess some 95% of or Spec files are gelid, with a bunch
>     that are due for significant work, including (off the top of my
>     head) those affected by:
>     + changes to dating attrs
>     + limited-phrase decisions

these are in your ball court right now, correct?
>     + handling regularization of names
>     + handling spans

not sure about these

?
>     + new stuff on "placeography"

aAgreed, thats dependent on rapid work in the Baltic
>     + addition of Schematron rules

We don't _need_ to add any of these, do we? The facility
is there, we can use, or not, any time
>     + the div0, div1, div0|div1, or no numbered divs decision

that's in hand, I hope.
>     + potential changes to bibl, biblStruct, biblItem system

oh lord, isn't that dead yet ???

Anyway, even your list sounds eminently
doable between now and the Council f2f.
Just needs some hard graft.

We just work out a timetable week by week
for which issues to resolve in that week,
and stick to it. It's not rocket science....

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk