[tei-council] DRAFT Agenda for the TEI Council teleconference on January 23, 2007 at 1200 UTC

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Jan 22 10:23:50 EST 2007

Wittern Christian wrote:

> 1) Minutes, work items, progress since last meeting:
> http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Council/tcm27.xml?style=printable
> Please look at the action items and report progress here before the
> meeting!

I see two actions on me. One is to write a paper on the
model.header.phrase issue, and the other is to write a paper on the
issues surrounding multilingual examples.

I apologise for the fact that I haven't done either! In mitigation, wrt
the first of these, I agree with Syd
(http://lists.village.virginia.edu/pipermail/tei-council/2006/001986.html)
that he should proceed simply to define the class and make sure that it
works as expected: the issues don't really need re-stating. I see this
as continuing the class work we are already committed. We can refine the
details later.

On multilingual exemplification, as Sebastian has already indicated,
there isn't a lot we *need* do at the moment, which is why I haven't
given the matter a lot of thought. I am willing to do so in due course,
when we have a bit more translation activity underway. In particular, I
don't envisage any need to change the ODD system to support multilingual
examples, or to indicate the status of one example wrt others; if we
wanted to add such things, there is plenty of room for <note>s etc.
within <exemplum> In fact, we probably ought to approach the  problem at
a broader level by annotating the source of existing examples in a
consistent way.