[tei-council] open issues and planning

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Jan 21 21:41:14 EST 2007

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> My concern is that we are juggling too many
> balls at the same time, without resources.

If there are things that could be dropped (or postponed) without
affecting the whole, please indicate them.

> We won't get through the "Steps To P5"
> if they all run in parallel, unless someone
> here miraculously takes a 6 month sabbatical
> and devotes themselves to TEI editing full-time.

> So although of course there are circular
> dependencies, let's at least try to clear
> out things in sequence.

The dependencies are mostly on the sequence of handling individual
items, which should not prevent other things from being dealt with.

> In our meetings,
> f2f or telco or email, we tend to have far
> too many varied things on the agenda
> at once....

Very true.  The main purpose of the bimonthly telcon is to track the
status of the various work items, which naturally means that there is a
lot.  Maybe we should schedule addtional topical meetings that take care
of specific issues?  We won't get more time out of a day, but maybe this
makes the handling more efficient?

All the best,

Christian

--