Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat Jan 20 04:59:58 EST 2007

1. If we are getting rid of the substructure of <date>, then we're
getting rid of all of it, so it makes no difference whether you
The <offset> element in particular really really has to go.

2. As it happens, yes we do have a way of representing a choice of
attributes in ODD. See
http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/html/ref-attList.html. There
is a (not very good) example at 27.3.3.3  and we use it on eg <gloss>
and <relation>