[tei-council] Budget news, PERS meeting

Wittern Christian wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Jan 18 22:13:12 EST 2007

Council members,

I just got news from Dan that the Board approved a rollover of unspend
budget of 2006 for 2007. If I understand correctly, we thus have roughly
$4k more than last year to spend , i.e. $28k. This is a one time, no
precedent-setting affair under the assumption that P5 will finally go
out this year and thus needs some additional care.  We might be able to
squeeze in a second f2f meeting of the Council or a subcommittee modeled
on the Oxford class meeting if that turns out to be necessary -- this is
assuming that the April meeting in Berlin will be significantly less
expensive than last years Kyoto meeting.

Apart from that, and much more concrete, there has been a request from
Matthew Driscoll to hold the PERS meeting in Vilnius. He expects this
will set us back around $4-5k.  This would also go out of this above
mentioned budget. I would like to approve this, but am open to other
opinions from the Council.  We will need to act quickly on this, so if
you disagree, please speek up now.  I will set the cutoff time for
protests to Sunday evening 23:59 GMT, which will allow me to notify
Matthew of the results Monday morning JST.

All the best,

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern