[tei-council] open issues and planning

Wittern Christian wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Jan 18 22:02:28 EST 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:
> Perfect timing, Christian. I was just about to post a "where I am w/
> dates" item. I'll intersperse it, below.

Great, thanks.  In fact I felt this was terribly late...

>> * schematron rules (SR?)
> This one is SB.

Good.

>> * simplifying of dates (SB)
> I am working on this issue right now. The results of our TEI-L poll
> about <dateStruct> and <timeStruct> are that absolutely no one except
> EpiDoc said they even use them at all, let alone the children we are
> going to eliminate. Since EpiDoc is already a significant
> customization (P4 at the moment), with significant talent available,
> they can easily add whatever they need back. (And I think it likely
> that they will actually find other mechanisms when they move to P5.)
> Thus I have no problem yanking 'em out. So I am right now in the process

Great.

> Once done with that, I plan to post a summary of outstanding issues
> with some suggestions, probably over the weekend.

Fine.  It is probably as much as we can get, given the timeframe.

>> * 'limited phrase' (SB)
>> * biblItems etc (JW)
>> * PB followup (MD & DP)
>> * infrastructure for examples (LB, SB)
> Could someone remind me what this means?

That should also be SR here, the issue is how to make multilingual
examples possible -- e.g. where to put them, and what to change in the
toolchain.

>> * FS request updates (LB, SB)
>> * div0, div1 decision (SB)
> Did you really mean me?
No, SR as well.  It seems I got a bit confused halfway through.

So, the updated and corrected list is

* schematron rules (SB)
* simplifying of dates (SB)
* 'limited phrase' (SB)