[tei-council] open issues and planning

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Thu Jan 18 20:29:09 EST 2007

Perfect timing, Christian. I was just about to post a "where I am w/
dates" item. I'll intersperse it, below.

> * schematron rules (SR?)
This one is SB.

> * simplifying of dates (SB)
I am working on this issue right now. The results of our TEI-L poll
about <dateStruct> and <timeStruct> are that absolutely no one except
EpiDoc said they even use them at all, let alone the children we are
going to eliminate. Since EpiDoc is already a significant
customization (P4 at the moment), with significant talent available,
they can easily add whatever they need back. (And I think it likely
that they will actually find other mechanisms when they move to P5.)
Thus I have no problem yanking 'em out. So I am right now in the process

Once done with that, I plan to post a summary of outstanding issues
with some suggestions, probably over the weekend.

> * 'limited phrase' (SB)
> * biblItems etc (JW)
> * PB followup (MD & DP)
> * infrastructure for examples (LB, SB)
Could someone remind me what this means?

> * FS request updates (LB, SB)
> * div0, div1 decision (SB)
Did you really mean me?