[tei-council] open issues and planning

Wittern Christian wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Jan 18 19:47:01 EST 2007

Dear Council members,

In preparation for the telecon, I tried to take a stock of open issues
for P5.  The first stop was the Kyoto Declaration:
http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcw08.xml?style=printable
In the essential department, we have
     (1) * chapter review, including review of examples
     (2) * decision on module dependency architecture made, and if yes
implemented
     (3) * remove instructions on how to invoke TEI DTD from each chapter
     (4) * New user needs to have an easy way to generate customization
ODD and generate schemas
     (5) * text of prose matches specs
     (6) * *Specs frozen! :-)
     (7) * Dictionary rewrite completed
     (8) * Modification and Conformance chapters rewritten

I was wondering where we stand on these issues and how much work needs
to be done.  Since there is some dependency on this, it seems to me that
we should see how much is needed to achieve (6).  Also, (1) could
commence on chapters that are already checked off with regards to the spec.
Can someone remind me what we decided with respect to (2)?
Laurent, what is the status of the Dictionary chapter.  When can we
expect a draft?
As to (8), that is on James' table now.
It seems to me that we should start (1), which will take a while to
complete, as soon as possible.  What are the preconditions to start
here? Who will be in charge of this?  These are questions we should adress.

We also need a better way to track the progress -- Maybe we should start
a Wiki page for this?

As to other open issues, I have on my list (from combing the tei-council
@lists and the minutes of our telecons, initials are the lead on for the
item):

* schematron rules (SR?)
* simplifying of dates (SB)