[tei-council] teleconference scheduled for 2007-01-23, 1200 GMT on highspeedconferencing.com

Wittern Christian wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Jan 15 07:22:16 EST 2007

Dear Council members,

Thanks to Sebastian, Matthew Driscoll, Tone Merete and Laurent, we just
successfully conducted our test on the highspeedconferencing.com system.
The results were encouraging for me; the voices from Europe much more
audible than usual. Although we missed our colleagues from the American
continent, understandably, it is hard to say how it will scale to 15
people in the line instead of just 5, but I think it is worth a try and
if successful should make the calls much less costly, since most
participants would not need to make oversea calls.  However, for those
planning to use skype to connect -- please get a good headset to use,
otherwise you will spoil the whole experience.

Now, back to business. I am starting to collect agenda items.  If you
have something you think should be on our mind, please post it to the
list.  Updates on work items, reports, documents for review etc. please
post them and announce them here before the weekend!

All the best,

Christian

--
 Christian Wittern