[tei-council] test of telecon options

Wittern Christian wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Jan 12 01:12:49 EST 2007

Dear Council members,

I hope everybody had a good start into the new year, the year of the
wild pig in this part of the world.  As usual, the start into the year
is very slow in Japan, with lots of holidays, so we are just getting
into working mode here again in the last couple of days.

In preparation for our next teleconference, which is scheduled for Jan
23 at 1200 UTC, I would like to invite those who have time for a little
chat at the same time this next Monday (Jan. 15).  The purpose is to
test if the highspeedconferencing.com system, which allows to call in
from VoIP and landline phones would give us better acoustic performance
than our current system.
Personally, I would like to see Syd among the volunteers for this chat,
since I had the most difficulties with the line from Brown so far
(maybe because it is just on the opposite site of the planet?), but
anybody is welcome.  Sebastian, would you please give us instructions
what to do?

Apart from that, I hope everybody is busy chopping away on the action
items (for a reminder, please look at
http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcm27.xml?style=printable)

All the best,

Christian