[tei-council] numbered divs, a proposed solution

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 8 15:56:54 EST 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:

> But I am curious: does the above
> statement mean that you have looked at the FAND ODDs I posted on the
> wiki and don't think they are viable solutions?[1]

the ingenious hack #1 only works for DTDs. I am considering implementing
this directly in odd2dtd, so that when you have an empty
class, a _DUMMY_ is inserted. But it puzzles me as
to _why_ it works, since the content model _is_ ambiguous.
And what about W3C schema.

hack #2 is too complex. sorry. such a simple task
has to be easier, in my book.

>> So, is the real issue behind this whether we want to rely on
>> Schematron for these tests? And to do so for a special case
>> solution? Does adopting Schematron for this have any negative
>> implications?
>>

> These are exactly the important questions to address up front, I
> think.

I am sure you and James have a nice view up there
sitting on the fence :-}

but I'd rather see a concrete expression of yes
or no for the principal question.....

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk