[tei-council] [Fwd: reconvening "Text and Graphics" SIG]

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Thu Nov 30 10:09:01 EST 2006

> I didn't know this was something Council needed to approve, but
> obviously I see no reason to disapprove.

Yes, Council approves the existence of SIGs based only on the
broadest criteria.

  Approval should normally be granted unless the SIG is considered
  unrelated to the TEI or actively harmful to its mission. If a SIG
  is proposed which overlaps significantly with an existing SIG, the
  Council may propose that the two be merged or work together.

Not that I get a vote, but I wholeheartedly approve.