[tei-council] TEI Conformance

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 22 06:45:42 EST 2006

James Cummings wrote:
> Another option is for a 3fold system:
>
> - TEI namespace for TEI elements and their equivalents
> - TEI Extension namespace for elements being 'incubated' as possible contenders
> to be TEI elements submitted by members/SIGs/etc As part of a concerted and
> documented proposal
> - MyPersonalNamespace -- user defined namespaces for specific new elements which
> they don't think should become part of TEI

The incubation idea is quite attractive, if we could
provide an infrastructure for managing it without
relying on any one in particular to spend regular
time. It _could_ be just a wiki page where people register a name
and attach an ODD. Then "the community" could
fight over it.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk