[tei-council] TEI Conformance

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Nov 21 11:46:49 EST 2006

Two important new things here:

 a) the suggestion of a standard namespace for TEI additions. It's
   a very attractive idea, and I'd welcome it. It both differentiates
   these from normal elements, and groups them for processing. However,
   is the burden for the casual user too great?

 b) raising the profile of <equiv>, to make it the mechanism
   by which one legally adds new elements to the TEI namespace.

   this is the perfect opportunity to sort out the use of <equiv>,
   which makes me very happy

My real problem with James' offering is the naming. Its not
catchy enough.....

I also don't think we should insist on a source description in the header.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk