[tei-council] teleconference logistics

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Nov 20 20:05:06 EST 2006

Syd Bauman <Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu> writes:

> Matt Zimmerman is no longer on Council, having been replaced by
> Daniel O'Donnel, and so he should probably not be expected to
> participate. (Unlike elected members, whose term starts on 01 Jan 07,
> Daniel has already replaced Matthew as Chair. Matthew continues to
> serve on the Board until 31 Dec 06, but does not serve as chair of
> the consortium.)

We did discuss that and felt that for a transition period of 1 call
having both of them would be desirable.  MattZ is here then not ex
officio but by invitation.

> If we move the meeting to 18:00 UTC, it would be a civilized 11:00
> for Daniel and a near-civilized 07:00 (on Thu) for Conal. It would be
> a reasonable 13:00 for those of us on the East Coast (a particularly
> bad time for me, actually, but I will try to work around whatever we
> do), but obviously kind of late for the Europeans (19:00 for Laurent,
> e.g.).

Except that it would be 0300 in Japan.  I do get up early usually, but
that is even too early for me.  So I suggest that for the time being,
we stay with 1200 UTC.

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern