[tei-council] should an ODD say which version of the TEI it applies to?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Nov 14 04:50:56 EST 2006

James raised an interesting question with me about an ODD spec. Should
it/can it
say which version of the TEI it applies to? He points out that given an
ODD, you
know which elements you dont have (cos you excluded them), but not which
ones
you *do* have (cos that depends on what one gathers from a module at
compile time).
This makes an ODD + instance document incomplete from an archival point
of view.

When we reach TEI 5.1, should an ODD be able to say "Get my stuff from
TEI 5.0, please"?

Can anyone propose a notation for how this could work?

or should we say that preservation means ODD + generated schema?

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk