[tei-council] date-stamping <desc>

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Oct 12 03:11:34 EDT 2006

Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> Lou's Laptop wrote:
>> So what's the resolution?
> we dont have a social mechanism for reaching resolution in the
> Council, remember?

We could put it to a vote, but that's kind of a brute force
mechanism.

A better way would be for the OP (Sebastian in this case) to make a
modified proposal in light of the discussion.  If nobody cries foul,
this is what gets implemented.

>> <desc> gets a @version attribute? the value of which is likely to
>> look like a canonical date but need not?

(lou asks:)
>> What about <exemplum>s?

I do not see what good a version would be here.  But it certainly
would not hurt to have the language indicated.

> I'd go back to my original proposal  of simply allowing @lastChanged on
> editorial guidelines to determine when to use it, and how to
> interpret it.

I take this as the modified proposal.
You should come up with the guidelines for the i18n project.

best, Christian

--

 Christian Wittern